Balsa and Plywood Laser Cutting Services.
AK-Models has been in Laser Cutting business for over 8 years, specializing in Laser Cutting services in Model Airplanes industry. We have helped large and small companies to achieve their goals for high quality products at most competitive prices in the industry. AK-Models started out as a small manufacturer of our own RC Jets designs and other RC aerobatic model airplanes kits. Since then many things have changed and now we are one of the most recognized Laser Cutting providers in model aviation community. We are here to stay and to provide you with quality services at unbeatable prices. Our fast turn around time is also unmatched by our competitors, normally orders ship in 48 hours or less.
BENEFITS TO LASER CUTTING
To provided you with absolutely best laser cutting quality possible AK-Models uses true state of the art KERN Laser System and Universal Laser System for laser-Cutting and engraving services.
Should you be using other Laser Cutters let us know, will give you additional 10% off their prices just to earn your business!
Computer Files Guidelines.
If you need Auto CAD assistance please contact:
Derek, from Juno R/C at firstname.lastname@example.org
Derek will be able to help you to transform your paper or sketch plans to Laser Cut ready files.
Please tell him AK-Models Inc referred you.
We also can cut and engrave your work from Corel draw files, we use Corel Draw 12.
File Requirements for Balsa and Plywood Laser Cutting.
SEND ALL FILES TO: email@example.com
Below is an example of proper file format and set-up.
Balsa Wood and Plywood sizes and options.
We have all Wood Sizes available for Laser Cutting, our balsa shop is capable of providing any sizes of balsa wood and plywood needed for any specific order. Most readily available sizes are show below:
Balsa Wood: 1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8 all available in 3", 4" and 6" wide and up to 48" in length. We sort our balsa to hard, medium and soft which you can specify, if not specified we'll cut from medium by default.
Birch Aircraft Plywood:1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 3/32, 1/8 - 3 ply, 1/8 - 5 ply, 3/16 Birch, 1/4 Lite and Birch all in 24,36 and 48 long
Lite plywood available only in1/8 and 1/4 sheets sizes up to 24"x48". Plywood can be cut to 3", 4" ,6", 8",12" up to 24" wide sheets.
GUIDELINES FOR DESIGN OF LASER CUT DEPRON SHEET KITS
1. Depron USA provides quality 3mm and 6mm (white and grey) Depron sheets at a reasonable price.
2. AK Models provides a 0.040" wide cut for 3mm and 6mm Depron sheets.
3. There are 25.4mm to the inch. 3mm Depron is 0.118" thick and 6mm is 0.236" thick.
4. Example of factoring for a 0.040" cut width with a tab / slot:
4.1 Using 3mm Depron (0.118"), the slot width needs to be 0.078" wide. Using 6mm Depron (0.236"), the slot width needs to be 0.196" wide.
4.2 For a 0.250" slot length, the length needs to be 0.210" long.
4.3 For a 0.250" tab length, the length needs to be 0.290" long.
5. Maintain a 0.25" distance from the 13" x 39" drawing border on CAD for all parts. Use a 0.10" do-not-cut space on lines to be cut to retain part in
sheet. Parts around the perimeter--near the 13" x 39" border should have the 0.10" lines a little closer than those in the center. Perimeter parts
tend to receive more stress in handling and need more 0.10" lines to retain part in sheet.
6. Set up CAD drawing for a black background as this provides the greatest contrast for the colors to be used. Use the thinnest red line for parts to
be cut. Use the thinnest white line for the 13" x 39" border.
7. Submit drawing to AKM as a dxf file.
8. Have Depron drop-shipped to AKM. Laser-cut parts will be returned in same shipping box.
9. Mix kit parts with white and grey laser-cuts for optimum contrast, looks, orientation and visibility.
10. Small holes (0.10" diameter and smaller) may be filled in with the red color, leaving no cutout.
11. Check entire drawing for stacked (double) lines. Basically erase each line, refresh, and see if another line is there, then restore the desired line
Inside Look at AK-Models.
We have dedicated staff to insure fastest turn around time possible, normally we only need 48 hours to complete any size order.
Our own balsa wood shop is capable of delivering any balsa wood needed for any job in short notice.
We have dedicated 30' x 40' shop for Balsa and Plywood Laser Cutting.
© Copyright Protected All Rights Reserved 2000-2009